Jamie's Reviews > The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values, and Spiritual Growth

The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck

Aug 21, 07

bookshelves: spiritualandpsych-read
Read in March, 2004

A very insightful book authored by a psychologist/psychiatrist who reveals the secrets to fulfilling, healthy, meaningful and lasting relationships. It really makes you see yourself and others in a different light, as well as words and concepts we think we understand. His hallmark argument is that we so often view love as a noun instead of a verb... as something that just happens to us or doesn't happen to us, instead of an ongoing task we must work at...that work, that action-is love. In fact, something I clearly remember is his point that when people feel as though they've "fallen out of love", it is then that the opportunity for true love to grow is at its greatest. Not at all written in a preachy, self-help sort of way. It's very interesting, full of a lot of great anecdotes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road Less Traveled.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Barbara Orr I couldn't have said this better,thank you. A very intelligent lady you are!!