Amanda's Reviews > Love the One You're With

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

Mar 26, 09

bookshelves: chick-lit, favorite-books, fiction, read-in-2009, authors-emily-giffin
Read in March, 2009

I really enjoyed this book. The subject matter really hit home for me. Having been in a simialr situation as Ellen I could relate to her plight and understand how confused and in turmoil she was. That first love who you love with such passion and then who breaks your heart is tough to forget. And like Ellen, I never really got closure so there was always the what if questions. But as you get older and more experienced in ways of the heart, you realize you change as a person in love and how you felt then may not be how it would be now. I am glad she stayed with Andy, her real true love. While Leo was exciting and passionate and Ellen seemed to like how she was with him, her life with Andy was who she was now and that life was good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love the One You're With.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Emily Giffin
“Maybe that's what it all comes down to. Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to something, someone, no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way. And maybe making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all.”
Emily Giffin, Love the One You're With