Becky's Reviews > Howl's Moving Castle

May 22, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2009, humorous, reviewed
Recommended to Becky by: Fiona
Read in May, 2009

This was a very fun, charming story. It really seems so simply written, yet read more than one line and you are a part of the action, not just watching it.

I really enjoyed Sophie, and feel like she is very human -- prone to snap judgments and bad decisions and she tends to underestimate herself. Howl is a very fun character, a bit of a "player" until his heart is stolen (literally).

I would like to check out the other books in the series, but this one does stand alone quite nicely. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Howl's Moving Castle.

05/19/2009 page 1
0.23% "After "A Thousand Splendid Suns" I need something light!"
show 4 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Fiona Ooooh you didn't say you were gonna read this.

Tell me immediately if you love it.... I mean WHEN you love it. :) It is a lovely light book though and I've read it loads of times. It always has the same effect on me.

Becky I didn't know I was going to read it! I did a search of my shelf for the lightest looking fun book I could find and this was it. I feel so emotionally drained after reading A Thousand Splendid Suns that I have to read something light or I may do something drastic! LOL

Allison (The Allure of Books) Are you loving it?!?

Fiona Don't leave us in suspense!

Liz (Consumed by Books) You are a reading machine! I don't think I've read this one, but now I want to!

Fiona Liz wrote: "You are a reading machine! I don't think I've read this one, but now I want to!"

Of course you want to!