Felicia A's Reviews > Live and Learn

Live and Learn by Niobia Bryant

Mar 10, 09

bookshelves: urban-fiction

I'd actually give this 3 and a half, but not 4 stars. Having read the sequel first, and not given it a fabulous review, I can say that reading this one while the sequel was still fresh made the sequel better for me.

One of the things that made these two books annoying for me is that all four main characters have given names: Latoya, Keesha, Monica and Danielle, but they all have nicknames: Cristal, Moet, Alize and Dom, and the author keeps switching back and forth between them, so it's like EIGHT characters instead of FOUR and it's hard to keep them straight.

And one glaring mistake: Alize gets pregnant in this book and they baby is a boy. (The book ends right when she has the baby, but the baby is never talked about.) In the sequel, her baby is TIFFANY, a baby girl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live and Learn.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger Do you remember the book that this is the sequel to by any chance? I just ordered this and want to make sure to note it so I don't forget!

Felicia A Why in the world would you order this? I have both of them!

Anyways, the other book is called Show and Tell.

message 3: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger Becuase I didn't know and I went kind of beserk on PBS the other day. LOL But....There were a few I ordered that haven't been accepted and I think this may be one of them. I forget. I'll have to look and let you know and maybe I can borrow them. But if we do that not yet- I want to read some others first. I know you don't mind me having a bunch but I'm down to seven I think (which is fairly good counting the others I borrowed in the past! LOL).
I have to make sure I have the other one listed and put a little note there so I don't forget! Thanks!

Felicia A I didn't like them enough to keep them, so if you're interested just let me know and I will list them.

message 5: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger Okay- I'm writing myself a note right now. I can't get onto PBS (again) and just want to make sure it's not on it's way yet. I'll cancel if I can and get them from you. For some reason I can get on PBS for about 15 minutes or so and then it stops working. It makes no sense. Thanks!

message 6: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger Hey- I just checked and I can't cancel the Live and Learn but I can mooch the sequel or prequel or whatever the other one is from you if you don't want it. Do you want to do that? Whenever though if you do- no hurry. :)

message 7: by Felicia A (last edited Jun 20, 2009 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Felicia A Actually, I just listed it for you. It's on your wishlist too. :-)

message 8: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger I'll go find it right now!

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda I enjoyed this book ad well as the first book