Leslie's Reviews > Lone Wolf: Eric Rudolph: Murder, Myth, and the Pursuit of an American Outlaw

Lone Wolf by Maryanne Vollers

Aug 21, 07

This is a fantastic book. Well-written, in-depth study of a personality. Proper journalism: she doesn't celebrate or denigrate him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Wolf.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Denver Peterson Just finished this book. I wrote a comment and this f ing site didn't save it. Oh well.

This book leaves me as the reader with conflicted feelings. I am left as the author or his lawyers are left feeling. At once feeling for him as a person and yet being completely and utterly disgusted with his crimes and unwaivering faith for a cause to which I do not subscribe. His writings to the author's questions is an interesting insight into his mind. It reads like an interview on Fox news. At once 'liberals' are the cause and effect of all problems in this country, and yet, universal healthcare and education are things he supports.

As one becomes more educated, an openness and understanding for others and other causes becomes possible. At the very least, one is able to hold firm to deeply rooted religious beliefs, yet understand that due to geography and the differences of the human spirit, other people have different religious convictions. It amazes me at how many fundamental Christians are unable to see beyond black and white when it comes to the Bible and yet, otherwise are seemingly intelligent.