Dawn's Reviews > More Information Than You Require

More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman

520526
Mar 12, 09

Read in March, 2009

Hobos and mole-men and nutrient slime, oh my! John Hodgman’s latest fake trivia opus (which doubles as a daily calendar) continues where "The Areas of My Expertise" left off, both in spirit and in page numbers (it begins with page 237). Among the COMPLETE WORLD KNOWLEDGE discussed are: the American electoral process (and the importance of nutrient slime); a summary of all the presidents (including which had hooks for hands); advice on how to be famous; and an examination of mole-man history, myth, and culture.

The only caveat I can give for Hodgman’s genius is that it is best enjoyed in small doses. Read too much too fast, and it all blurs together in a weird mess. Savor it slowly, and you’ll start seeing evidence of mole-men everywhere, and wondering how you could possibly have overlooked the exciting world of hermit-crab racing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Information Than You Require.

Quotes Dawn Liked

John Hodgman
“That which is hard to do is best done bitterly.”
John Hodgman, More Information Than You Require

John Hodgman
“A stopped clock is correct twice a day, but a sundial can be used to stab someone, even at nighttime.”
John Hodgman, More Information Than You Require