Stina's Reviews > Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume

Mar 09, 2009

Isn't it pathetic that as a girl, once you learn about periods, you just can't wait to get one, and then for the rest of your life, you just wish the effers would go away? Except of course, the periods that show up JUST when you need them to- like when one is perhaps a few days late and not super confident in her decision-making skills during the last month. Those periods are probably even better than the satisfaction of that very first one.

95 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

03/28 marked as: read

Lorileinart great review...I really needed to laugh out loud today. So, I thank you.

Beverly Temporal I do remember other girls wanting theirs. Maybe because I was the youngest it seemed like way to much trouble on a monthly basis. I wanted no parts of it. I cried inconsolably when I got mine. And it is definitely the inconvenience each month I had dreaded. Lol The best thing about being pregnant with my two kids was having a vacation from it! Lol

Cynthia Cheney I was devastated when I got my first period - after my mother told me I wasn't going to die - but that I could now look forward to having a period every month. Noooooo sounded awful to me. And yes, those slightly late periods make you want to sing out loud.

message 4: by Gwyneth (new) - added it

Gwyneth I never looked forward to getting period, people say girls grow slow after getting their period

message 5: by Fatima (new)

Fatima nice review. lol

Kimberly Your review made me laugh so hard my husband is looking at me wondering what's wrong with his crazy wife!

Kelly best. review. done.

message 8: by Cez (new) - added it

Cez This book is amazing I just can't put it down.

Maddie Luved book! Couldn't put it down