Caitlin Huynh's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Mar 10, 13

** spoiler alert ** Perfect moments can be DESTROYED by FILTHY words.

“Do you love me?” Alex asks. And I could cry; I could press my face into his chest and breathe in, and pretend that nothing has changed, that everything will be perfect and whole and healed again.

But I can’t. I know I can’t.”

-----------------------------------------------------
I don't like authors who chew up your insides till your empty. I don't like being given hope and having it yanked away. I don't like being treated like a worthless animal. I IM HUMAN AND I HAVE FEELINGS AND SHE HAS COMPLETELY DESTROYED MY LIFE.

Look, I've always shipped Alex and Lena. Julian was the biggest mistake in this series. He shouldn't have been introduced.

Everything and everyone would've been fine without him. He disrupted the perfect plot and I'm really disappointed in this ending.

I mean, overall, the text was very interesting and extremely addicting... the content was alright (MINIS JULIAN). I'm a lovey dovey person, therefore I expect my favourite characters to end up together all happy and "ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVERRR" "I LOVE YOU TOOOO!" But NO. that was not what I received. and I'm raging my ass off.

Alex gave her everything, his life, his happiness, and she abandoned it all, for some bastard. Now he's back, ok.. a total asshole, but I mean, IT'S TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE, she's a slut. Yet she gives up on him. NO BITCH! THAT'S NOT HOW IT GOES. Why don't you try putting some effort into this relo if you want it so bad.

THEN, the finale arrives! "DO YOU LOVE ME?" "I always have.... but it's complicated" WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK. DUDE, TAKE YOUR PICK. You been asked 2 times and yet you still reject your options. Alex loves you alright, he taught you love. What reason do you have to NOT choose him. He ain't gonna wait forever. he's waited enough.

Lauren, I LOVED delirium but you really let me down with your following books. It just didn't make sense. Lena said: "I could never love Julian the way I've always loved Alex" then at the end "I can't decide yet, it's too complicated."
Sorry, but that's where you messed up. Series finales don't end with cliff hangers like that. This is torture and AS AN UNSATISFIED READER. I DEMAND YOU TO APPROPRIATELY COMPLETE THE SERIES.

YET I STILL GIVE YOU 5 STARS EVEN WHEN IT'S KILLED ME. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. oh right. it's cause I love Alex.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

Arushi Sethi i support u and believe me i seriously share ur opinion for LENA!!!!