Lotus's Reviews > Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals

Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin

F_50x66
Dec 26, 12

Read in December, 2012

I've been a fan of Grandin for several years, first learning about her on NPR. This book focuses on interesting biological facts and emotional make up of animals and how that relates to their behavior and their interaction with the human world. It is not in depth, but I felt as though I had a good understanding of the ideas presented in a short, concise way which was presented for lay people.
I appreciated the information on dogs and was astonished at some of the misbehavior and myths that are perpetuated! The cat chapter is also fascinating. I got a little bleary eyed in the foul chapter, and didn't especially want to read about slaughter of animals though it is excellent information. I was astonished at the information presented about the wild animals and how they are evolving in their behaviors Re: humans. It made the hairs stand on end and has been something I have observed and theorized (though I do not have a PhD, it was cool to read it professionally validated). Over all a fascinating read and I appreciated Grandin's personal tales dispersed lightly through out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals Make Us Human.