LibraryLass's Reviews > Dark Prince

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

Mar 08, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in March, 2009

Ok, well um what can I say... This series has been recommended so many times I think I hyped it up in my mind. I was not disappointed but I didn't love it as much as BDB or Immortals after dark series.

MILD SPOILER ALERT!!!
Another reviewer had a couple of negatives which I agree with... 1. The book seemed to start too fast with no real background to the Carpathians OR Raven. It made it harder to connect to them. 2. The fact there was no angst whatsoever about Mikhail changing Raven when so much had been made earlier in the book about human females going insane. It seemed strange not to have made any issue of it at all.

HOWEVER, I loved the whole premise of the Carpathian males needing their mates. It just somehow appeals to me that these wonderfully macho males have this vulnerability. I did find the whole arrogant uber-male thing slightly OTT though. It got annoying in places but not annoying enough to put me off reading, just stopped the flow so to speak.

The chemistry between Mikhail and Raven was fantastic. Loved it, loved it loved it. The sex scenes were smoking hot, but a bit gruesome in places.

The book certainly kept me turning the pages, I read it in one complete sitting. I am looking forward to reading the rest in the series and I think this series is one that will grow on me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Prince.

03/07/2009 "Deep breath, here I go...."
03/07/2009 "No, now here I go...been too busy on GR to start reading =)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stamatia My sentiments exactly as to the book being hyped . Even though I liked it quite a lot, it was sort of a letdown after all the glowing reviews. Which makes me reluctant to go on with the series even though I really like everything else I have read by Ms Feehan

LibraryLass I'm like that too regarding continuing the series. I have sooooo many to catch up on, I only want to read the ones I'm really into.

message 3: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz I've never read anything by her but I do have this one on TBR again because of all the hype that it's like or as good as the BDB. Hmmmm....

Stamatia Well, East it's NOT as good as the BDB. But it's pretty good all the same. It's just not as fabulous as it's said to be

message 5: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz Good to know :)

message 6: by Matthew (new) - added it

Matthew does it have a plot besides the romance...?

Margarida Exactly. :)

In my opinion, the most negative thing about the book was how it started too fast, really. I liked it, though, and will be reading the second one ASAP.

Courtney Suprisingly, I disagree with the part about how being thrown into the novel was a bad thing. I quite liked that. Often in romance novels, I hate when the author starts with introducing both characters before they get to meet. I sometimes even skim that part, instead of reading it. I liked being "thrown into the novel" like I said earlier. It caught my attention.