Louise's Reviews > A Sand County Almanac with Other Essays on Conservation from Round River

A Sand County Almanac with Other Essays on Conservation from ... by Aldo Leopold

2021286
Mar 06, 09

It was a pleasure to read this collection of nature essays by Aldo Leopold. Leopold, a conservationist writing from northern Wisconsin in the early 20th century, presents thoughtful reflections and provoking anecdotes about the outdoors. While the second half of the book is less personal and more abstract (and at times bordering on preachy), I really enjoyed his day-to-day observations and encounters. His writing is direct and full of curiosity. Although the author and his dog are virtually the only two characters in the book, Leopold still manages to convey a strong sense of companionship and comfort with his surroundings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Sand County Almanac with Other Essays on Conservation from Round River.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth Maddaus Louise, I just ordered this after reading your review. It's one of the books that I had intended to read but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.
Beth

Louise I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to let me know what you think!