Barbara ★'s Reviews > Sepulchre

1968285
Mar 18, 09

bookshelves: mystery-fbi-pi-cop, read-2009, x-set-in-europe-france, historical
Read in March, 2009

I enjoyed this book but it is very difficult to read...very wordy. It's a murder mystery, a ghost story, a family saga, a paranormal novel, a romance, and a coming-of-age tale all rolled into one.

This is a story of past and present converging to reveal unjust happenings that need to be resolved so the dead can rest.

2007 - Meredith is searching for her lost ancesters in the south of France. She meets Hal Lawrence at her hotel and falls in love. Together they uncover and puts to rest a great conspiracy involving her ancesters.

1891 - Anatole Vernier has stolen Victor Constant's girlfriend and Victor will go to any lengths to see that they both pay for their audacity. Thus begins a reign of terror, humilitation and murder against Anatole and everyone he loves including his sister, Leonie.

Unfortunately I had to force myself to continue reading this book by simply reading 100 pages at a time - that was all I could stand in one sitting. I'm actually glad that I completed it as it is a very good story. IMHO it is a tale that could have been told in fewer pages.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sepulchre.

03/14/2009 page 103
18.39% "hard to get into. kinda boring so far."
03/15/2009 page 255
45.54% "Finally got interesting around page 200 but sloooooowly moving forward."
show 1 hidden update…