Steve's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

M 50x66
Mar 06, 09

It's hard to rate this book. Because of its age and its influence in the development of mystery books, it is difficult to judge it appropriately.

And then there were none is set in the early 20th century in England. It centers around a group of characters that are given invitations to Indian Island for various reasons. They find themselves stuck there as the plot line is unveiled and they begin to be killed.

Agatha Christie gives a great deal of detective-type information and at times, based on this information, leaves gaping holes. Sometimes the characters realize the holes, and sometimes they don't.

The beginning of the book is overwhelming. One feels like they should have a notebook out and write down all sorts of things. I honestly think I would have hated this book if I had to read it for a class.

Once the formalities are out of the way, the story is fast-moving. It is quite interesting. A very large amount of detail is given on each page, but often difficult to spot. And the characters grow on you as time goes on.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.