Abigail's Reviews > The Dragon Heir

The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

F 50x66
Mar 06, 2009

So now its come to the last book.... Jeez this series went by way too fast! But now I'm happy to finally be writing this review to close the door to this wonderful trilogy. To say the least I was not disappointed by this last book.
I liked the narrative of Madison I felt like she was a respectable person who puts everyone before herself. She was so strong and I loved her attitude and her Southern roots.
It took me awhile to really grow fond of Jason. At first I felt like he didn't have the right intentions and that bothered me. But gradually I came to love him. Absolutely adore him. So of course, the end of the book wrecked me. I was devastated. But I still think the ending was... hopeful. It got too intense for me in the middle and I had to take a break to catch my breath.
I do however have to complain that the ending was too rushed. Everyone just surrenders? I thought it was just a little too perfect. But of course I didn't want everyone to die. Still, I felt like some people were left out in the conclusion. Like I never really know what happened with Jack and Ellen and Hasting and Linda? I didn't like that. And what about Madison and Art school? Did she just give up her dream? I felt like I never know what happened to the characters I grew to love through the three books. Still, It was overall a satisfying end and I can count this series among my favorites :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Heir.

message 1: by Trudee (new)

Trudee Bealka Don't close the door just yet because she signed on to write 2 more after she finishes the last book in the Gray Wolf series. Maybe she will answer some of your questions.