Hope's Reviews > Carniepunk

Carniepunk by Rachel Caine

Jan 03, 14

bookshelves: specfic
Read from June 10 to August 28, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carniepunk.

06/10/2013 marked as: currently-reading
06/10/2013 page 24
5.0% "First up, Rob Thurman's story "Painted Love". An excellent start to the anthology :)"
07/28/2013 "Just read the last story - quite excellent!"
07/28/2013 page 55
12.0% "Meant to put the book down, nut fell into Delilah S Dawson's story instead. Another outstanding read! I'll skip Mr Hearne's story until I've read the series up to that point in the continuity."
08/01/2013 page 151
33.0% ""Sweeter the Juice" didn't really appeal to me. Good characterization, but there didn't seem to be any real plot. Maybe I just didn't understand the ending. I did enjoy "The Werewife". The characters were a bit flat - more archetypes than people - they served the story well. I was totally wrong about the ending and quite liked how it played out."
08/20/2013 page 187
41.0% "Just finished "The Cold Girl" by Rachel Caine - excellent story, creepy as all hell and painfully touching at the same time. Skip this one, though, if domestic violence triggers you. I definitely need to read more of her work :)"
08/23/2013 page 218
48.0% ""Duet with Darkness" was a pleasant read, although not quite as gripping as some of the other stories. I suspect it would have much more significance if I had read the series it's from."
08/23/2013 page 247
55.0% "I really, amazingly enjoyed "Recession of the Divine." It's a beautifully told story."
08/26/2013 page 277
61.0% "Parlour Tricks by Jennifer Estep is part of a series, yet stands alone really well. I'll have to track down the series - this story has me intrigued."
08/26/2013 page 307
68.0% "Freak House by Kelly Meding is so very good! I definitely need to read more from her."
08/27/2013 page 342
76.0% "Just finished "The Inside Man" by Nicole Peeler. Such a good story! I definitely want to read more from Ms Peeler, especially about these characters."
08/27/2013 page 373
83.0% ""A Chance in Hell" by Jackie feels like a delicious teaser for a series. I hope it is - once I post this I'll check :)"
08/28/2013 marked as: read