Tricia Skinner's Reviews > Temping Is Hell

Nov 23, 2014

bookshelves: 5-stars, pnr-uf
Recommended for: Romance lovers
Read on October 20, 2012 , read count: 1

Disclaimer: I know Cathy Yardley and accepted a PDF of her novel if I agreed to leave an honest review.

I'm allergic to chick-lit, sweet romance, and anything remotely humor sprinkled. Yeah, it's tough being a tom boy, but I manage. What does any of that have to do with "Temping is Hell?"

I found I liked humor. Damn near broke a rib laughing a couple of times.

I expected a sweet romance. Wrong. Poof. Panties a-fire. The sexual tension in this novel is ridiculously hot.

What Temping does exceedingly well is give you characters you immediately connect with. I cheered, laughed, groaned, yelled, and could not stop reading. Minus the spoilers, I will say there's a particular scene that was so emotional for me, I sat in bed, shocked to my bones, unable to go to sleep (or put the book down until I learned how it was resolved).

Temping is Hell is blessedly intense, with just enough darkness to satisfy paranormal romance addicts like myself, but not so "the end is nigh" that readers of lighter themes will be turned away.

So, I loved this book. I love the world building and ADORE the characters. This is a series I plan to pre-order as soon as "Buy" links are posted.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temping Is Hell.