Samantha's Reviews > Queen of Babble Gets Hitched

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot

Mar 12, 09

Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** In the third (and possibly final) installment in Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble series, Lizzie Nichols is "happily" engaged to the man of her dreams, Luc, working towards her career goal of being a wedding gown designer, and slowly falling in love with her best friend's ex who happens to also be her fiance's best friend.

Yeah, she's back in trouble. This is almost the cliche of Chick Lit --a sweet but ultimately stupid young woman who lands herself in a crisis of love and must comically pull herself out again.

Book 2 ended with Lizzie broken up with Luc and waking up with Chaz (the best friend) on New Year's Eve. Next morning Luc proposes to Lizzie, but she's already starting to fall for Chaz. Lizzie must deal with being engaged to her true love while doubting that love when faced with a man with whom she can be completely honest.

This was a better book than I expected (see my previous posts about QOB), but one part I especially thought was off-putting was how Cabot turned the audience against the hero from the previous books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble Gets Hitched.