Shannon (Giraffe Days)'s Reviews > The Magicians' Guild

The Magicians' Guild by Trudi Canavan
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magicians' Guild.

Mindy Did you see that the prequel has come out to these books? I loved this series. I just got the prequel the other day, though I haven't started it yet. The Magician's Apprentice

Shannon (Giraffe Days) Oooh no, I hadn't heard! We're a bit behind on her books in North America I think. I definitely want to read that! This first one was a little uneventful, for me, but the other two more than make up for it - like she got in her stride or something.

The only other book I've read of hers is Priestess of the White - I would finish the trilogy but I find the covers of the editions here so damn ugly I can't bring myself to. I'm not a fan of these covers either but I really wanted to read them again so bought them recently (I originally borrowed them from a friend years ago).

Mindy I ordered mine from the UK. I had to buy those same covers for The Black Magician Trilogy. I hated them as well. They have zero to do with the story. The UK covers are much nicer.

I would agree, the first book was a bit uneventful. The other two were by far my favorites.

I haven't read the Priestess of the White trilogy yet. I want to though.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) I saw it yesterday in Chapters, so it is out now, with this nice cover too!! But it's hardcover and way too expensive, so I'll have to wait :(

message 5: by Bettie☯ (new) - added it

Bettie☯ Shannon wrote: "I saw it yesterday in Chapters, so it is out now, with this nice cover too!! But it's hardcover and way too expensive, so I'll have to wait :("

send your addy to my inbox and I will send you my paperback copy - I haven't time to read it at the moment. Post it back when you've finished. The cover is :

:O)

message 6: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee The book fairy strikes again!

message 7: by Bettie☯ (new) - added it

Bettie☯ Lee wrote: "The book fairy strikes again!"

I see Lisbeth II is in Brazil now - lol. It will come back home all loved-up by GR folks.

message 8: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Yes, it was a great idea to pass it around. I stuck a postcard in too. Hopefully it will come back to you.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) Thanks Bettie but I have that one already. It's the new series she's written that we were talking about, Magician's Apprentice. It's only just been released.

I am very envious of the UK covers for this trilogy though. The US ones are awful (that's what I ended up buying), but the Australian ones aren't great either (the edition I originally read, that I borrowed). I didn't want to buy the US ones but I really wanted to re-read them so I capitulated! Thankfully, the new book has a lovely cover in the same style as the UK ones, which makes me very happy!

message 10: by Bettie☯ (new) - added it

Bettie☯ Oh right doh!

:O))

Shannon (Giraffe Days) It's easy to get them confused, plus there're so many books called "Magician's that" and "so and so's Apprentice", I get confused myself! Very nice of you to offer though :)