Peachy's Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

2095554
Mar 04, 2009

bookshelves: awards, fantasy, family, inspirational, allegory, spirituality, young-adult

** spoiler alert ** No other young adult fiction that I’ve come across has been as spiritually themed as A Wrinkle in Time, a story that is intrinsically pure in its message of faith, hope and belief in goodness. For some, this is precisely the reason they turn away from it, but for me, it is just another reason to embrace it.

The fight between good and evil is left in the hands of three children; Meg, her brother Charles Wallace, and their friend, Calvin. As they voyage through space and time using the fifth dimension and the assistance of three bewildering ‘ladies,’ they must penetrate the shadowing Black Thing, and confront its brain, the evil and poisonous IT. For Meg and Charles Wallace, the significance of their journey is tenfold as they bear the responsibility of trying to locate and free their father from this unknown dimension and its demonic clutches.

Madeleine E’ngle has created a world where we can acknowledge and appreciate that humans are flawed, that pride and arrogance defeat us and that sometimes only a willing suspension of disbelief can keep us from losing our way. We become vigilantly aware that it is the ignorance and fear of the different or unknown that plagues humanity, and that patience, sacrifice and love are all necessary shields that need bear in the face of conflict.

I look forward to sharing this extraordinary story with any and everyone I can.

www.booksnakereviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.

10/12/2016 marked as: read