Margaret's Reviews > The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

Mar 04, 2009

Read in March, 2009

This book is not like the movie. There are a few similarities but Hollywood seems to think they have the right to change the story lines drastically when they make it into a movie. I did enjoy this book. I’m embarrassed to say that it took me two months to read. (Life has become very busy with a four month old). But every time I would pick it up after not reading for a week, I had the hardest time trying to remember what was happening and who all of the different characters were. I felt clueless throughout the first half of the book. By the last half I was getting more into it and by about 60 pages to the ending I had a hard time putting it down. I sort of want to read it again now that I understand it a little better from finishing it. I don’t like reading a book and feeling clueless. And I don’t know if that was the author’s intentions or just my weak mind.

Jason Bourne wakes up on a boat out in the ocean and has no memory of his life and his identity. He slowly learns piece by piece the puzzle of his life. Is he the killer assassin that the people around him seem to think he is?

I don’t normally read spy/action novels but I liked this book and it might open me up to the opportunity to read other action novels and not feel intimidated by them. There were a few swear words and some graphic scenes but not too many to make the novel not enjoyable to me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bourne Identity.