Debbie's Reviews > The Eight

The Eight by Katherine Neville

1945325
Mar 04, 09

The first time I read this was back in the early 90s. It was actually an assigned reading book for my Modern European History class. I have to say I am so glad we had to read it because it became one of my favorite books of all time. I’ve re-read it so many times my copy is near falling apart and I just bought a replacement copy.

I loved both the story lines although I have to say following Cat’s story was my favorite. She along with the help of a friend, Lily Rad, and the handsome chess champ, Solarin(mmm…sexy and smart!), she has to solve the mystery surrounding the Montglane Service. Although I am not a chess player I found the references interesting especially as you start to see what parts each of the characters in the story take and eventually finding out who the Black Queen is. The reader is introduced to a cast of interesting characters, each who grabs you in their own way with their quirks of personality. Sometimes I found it hard to decide if I wanted to cheer Lily on or strangle her and her little dog. I highly suggest this book to everyone!

I am currently in the middle of the sequel that just came out but I will save that for a review when I am done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eight.