pri's Reviews > Wishful Drinking

Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

Mar 03, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in March, 2009

couldn't pass up the title and image. very surprised when i read the book and learned about her electroshock treatments and bipolar. although she didn't deal very much about that, she did talk - with much humor - about her family and her experiences growing up. her humor was very endearing. you can't help but chuckle along with her.

first line of the book:
I have to start by telling you that my entire existence could be summed up in one phrase. And that is: if my life wasn't funny it would just be true; and that is unacceptable.

re: e.taylor's relationship with r.burton after she left fisher's father:
and they met and married and had a wild, passionate relationship with violet eyes and Welsh accents and acting and diamonds and drinking, dancing and sex and joy and love.

re her drug use
I used to refer to my drug use as putting the monster in the box. I wanted to be less, so I took more - simple as that

can't say i'd ever thought much beyond star wars when I thought of carrie fisher. very interesting to hear more about her life - specifically her childhood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wishful Drinking.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I've read one of her fiction novels, and I was pleasantly surprised by her writing style. She's easy to read, witty, and willing to go into the less pretty sides of things.