Carole's Reviews > The Time Cavern

The Time Cavern by Todd A. Fonseca

Mar 03, 2009

bookshelves: children-s, sci-fi, time-travel, young-adult, juvenile-fiction, adventure, family, good-reads-author
Recommended to Carole by: Goodreads
Recommended for: pre-teens
Read in January, 2009 — I own a copy , read count: once

The Time Cavern,
Todd Fonseca.

It is a long time since I have read a book written specifically for children. I started this one with caution expecting it to be juvenile and perhaps a bit boring. Not a bit of it! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The main story of the adventures of ten-year-old Aaron, and his new friend, a girl called Jake, tested my knowledge of science and astronomy. The putting together of the clues was cleverly done. I loved the idea that the kids went out and did their own research. I found the relationship between the parents and the two children refreshing. Under a caring parental voice, the children learnt their life lessons, as in chores that have to be done, and tolerance with those of differing viewpoints to mention just a few.

Aaron and Jake’s colourful adventure in opening up the secrets of the hidden cavern held plenty suspense and surprise, and the ending, though satisfying, made me wonder if there was more to come. Truly, a good read. Now, I’ll pass it on to my ten-year-old granddaughter. I’m sure she will enjoy it just as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Time Cavern.