l's Reviews > Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me

Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me by Ben Karlin

Mar 05, 09

Bad. Disappointing. And further evidence that Stephen Colbert is not funny in print. A piece by Patton Oswalt was quite amusing, in which he realizes how awesome his wife is particularly in comparing her to his ex-girlfriend (a terrible, violent, uneducated stripper.) Actually, now that I think about it, Damian of Kulash, Jr. (of OKGO) had a pretty sweet (as in aww) piece, and Adam Schlesinger (of Fountains of Wayne. I know.) did an interesting and humorous breakdown of a cheesy love song. Oh, and of course Dan Savage's essay was great. Wow, it sounds like I liked this book right now. But wait. Colbert's was unreadable. David Wain is an idiot if his piece is anywhere near an accurate reflection of who he is. (David SHE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. KILL ME NOW.) And who is Rodney Rothman? He called up his first girlfriend, who didn't even remember him, and basically just typed out their rather boring conversation that I don't even think she cared about. That essay was a long- ass motherfucker, too. Damn. Okay, I'm done.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me.