Rob's Reviews > PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

PostSecret by Frank Warren

Mar 10, 09

Read in March, 2009

Psychotherapy for the price of a postage stamp. In 2004, Frank Warren got the idea of handing out blank postcards to strangers or leaving them out in public places asking anybody who wants to, to write down any secret they have never told anybody and mail it to him anonymously. From the response he received, he was able to compile several books and setup a very popular website. This volume had a foreword by therapist, Dr. Anne Fisher.
When I was looking over the reviews of this book in GR, some people mentioned that some of them are lies. Probably, but a lot of them were repeated in several variations, so it remains to be proved or disproved.
Some notes are as simple as wanting to be an outlaw biker while another one sent in a picture of himself driving a sports car saying he would trade it in for a bigger p.... Anybody who has gone beyond their teenage years will certainly recognize the insecurity poured out in those notes asking for acceptance for what they are, spelling out their insecurities. Or those adults who have missed reconciling with their lost parents: "..I would give my left arm just to have my mother alive to fight with."
One secret writer summed it up "...it's OK to be scared and hurt, it's part of being human."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read PostSecret.

03/09/2009 page 20

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Slow reading - it's unlike anything I've read before. Aside from having to rotate the book a lot, I have to try to get into the mindset of the sender.