Katieb (MundieMoms)'s Reviews > Gone

Gone by Lisa McMann

Oct 02, 10

bookshelves: arcs-i-own, 2009-100-book-challenge, books-i-own, signed
Read in October, 2009

I loved it! I won't say more and post any spoilers other than I think Lisa did a great job with they way the series finished off. And no, that's not giving anything away. All I can say is that those who loved Wake and Fade need to pre-order it now.

GONE is about Janie's journey into figuring out more of who she is as a dream catcher and finding more out about herself. She'll learn about how she got her abilities as she finds out more about the man who's dreams she keeps getting sucked into, as he's sitting in a chair *hence the cover of the book* in a room. These dreams are the worst ones she's been sucked into yet. She's the only one who can help him, and though she doesn't know who he is yet, he certainly knows who she is.

Cabe's dreams are becoming more and more frightening and too much for Janie, as they're his fears of what will happen to Janie. His love for her is fierce and never wavering as he supports her on her journey of finding herself. What's not to love about Cabe!

Captain is the mother figure they both need and I just LOVE her character! She's there for both Janie and Cabel as they go through the difficult times that lie ahead from them in GONE, but be assured the ending is simply perfect for the WAKE trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle You are soooooo lucky!

Whitney Oh lucky! Who do I have to know to get early copies?? I'm so jealous!

Katieb (MundieMoms) lol. We've been doing some stuff for Lisa on my site and I do reviews for Simon and Schuster. I was very fortunate to get this ARC. I met Lisa this past weekend and she signed it or else I would have been happy to pass the ARC around.

Whitney Ah gotcha! you are extremely lucky! :)

Marye OMG I am so excited!!! You are leading the charmed life!

Nicolette OMG im so jealous, thats so awesome!

Elisabeth Thank you so much! I was scared that Cabe and Janie would break up or something bad happens to them. Now thanks to you I am not worried that Cabe and Janie will break up. Thanks again!

Baine Katie wrote: "lol. We've been doing some stuff for Lisa on my site and I do reviews for Simon and Schuster. I was very fortunate to get this ARC. I met Lisa this past weekend and she signed it or else I would ha..."

sorry hun. i just really dont like you right now. lol. what is it that you do (that allowed you to read this book)? Cause i think i wanna do it. Lucky. Oh yeah, and Cabel is SO awesome! Hes not just hot hes... you know what i mean

Domonique ROBINSON r there going to be any more books after this?????i really hope so..