Angie's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Mar 19, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Recommended to Angie by: Julie
Read in March, 2009

This fourth book in the Black Dagger series revolves around Butch O'Neil-former cop, human, and friend of the Brotherhood.

I'll start by saying that Butch is my least favorite character in the books (well, John Matthew actually holds that position now, but more on him later). The slang the vampires use drives me insane, but it's especially irritating when Butch talks like that. The author constantly tells the reader that Butch is from south Boston (southie, if you're in the know apparently). Is that where the fellas from House of Pain are from? If so, then I suppose it makes sense that Butch uses the vampy slang, too. It's still annoying though.

But Butch kind of grew on me in this book. He's still terribly annoying, what with his cashmere coats (which I find totally sissified) and fedoras, or whatever.

John Matthew's storyline, which was interspersed throughout this book and the last, is just not interesting to me at all. I understand that he might one day become the vampire warrior Tehrror, but I really just don't care for him at all right now.

Marissa was equally uninteresting to me. I actually planned on gouging my eyes out if I came across the line, 'you are a woman of worth' one more time. Luckily, it didn't come to that.

Despite all those annoyances, however, I enjoyed Butch's story immensly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.