BJ Rose's Reviews > The Scot and I

2030200
Sep 05, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance, historical-suspense, psychic
Read in September, 2009

This is the first E. Thornton book I've read with paranormal elements in it, and it seemed to me that she tried to give a light-hearted approach to the psychic element at the expense of the drama of the political intrigue, with this reader left somewhere in the middle. Even with all the red herrings thrown in, I was able to easily figure out who the real villain was by the middle of the book, but that may be because I've read a lot of her books.

All that said, I did enjoy the book and read it in one day, so she did keep my interest, but it didn't have that feeling of suspense I usually get from her. And the rocky-path-to-true-love aspect was well-done. I'd give it 3.5*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scot and I.

09/04/2009 page 57
18.51% "Mahri Scot could trace her ancestry back to Robert the Bruce; Alex Hepburn works for the Crown; and their paths have just crossed violently"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Verity (last edited Sep 07, 2009 09:46AM) (new) - added it

Verity I'm planning to read this w/ the prequel'The runaway McBride' back to back.

'The pleasure trap' also has PN theme & I was v. disappointed. It's the most boring 1 outta ET's entire backlist I've read.

I think she should stick to her ol' formula & get rid of the PN touches. 'U only love twice' has a heroine who reads other's thoughts, v. well done & I luved it.

BJ Rose I agree with you, Verity, about her PNR touches - I like ET's older books better. I just finished The Runaway McBride and liked it better than Scot & I. Will love to see what you think of them.