Netanella's Reviews > The Dark Highlander

The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 03, 2009

bookshelves: time-travel, paranormal-romance
Read in March, 2009

What a shameless pleasure this book was! I was so taken into the whole Scottish highlands thing, I found myself speaking with a Scottish accent to my Welsh corgi, Ms. Molly McGhee.

I haven't read any of the author's other books in her Highlander series, and I understand now this is the 5th or 6th book in the series. Doesn't matter, though - this book is self-contained, although it does feature characters from previous novels. The eponymous dark highlander is Dageus MacKeltar, a time-travelling Druid who's been possessed by thirteen evil, ancient baddies. The lassie is Chloe Zanders, a student of ancient languages and Celtic artifacts. The combination of these two is witty dialogue between the couple that makes good romance great, and steamy love scenes that make me go find my husband. I would recommend this book to lovers of Scotland and good romance. If you're looking for a good sci fi read, though, best move on.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Highlander.