Ry's Reviews > Seize the Night

F 50x66
Mar 02, 2009

bookshelves: paranormal, adult, romance
Read in August, 2009

The story of Valerius and Tabitha, who happens to be the twin of Amanda who is married to Kyrian, Valerius' mortal enemy, is entirely too endearing to be true. I loved it. Tabitha reminds me of what I wish I could be. I have way too many inhibitions. Valerius is the uptight, tightly-laced Dark-Hunter who seems the type that Amanda would go for, and Tabitha is the wild, crazy, Daimon-slayer that would normally go for someone like Acheron. They do say that opposites attract...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.

Quotes Ry Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You don't call Acheron 'babe.' (Valerius)
You don't call Acheron 'babe' because...well, that's just sick. But I call him 'babe' all the time. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What? It's not my fault I stab all the fanged people. They shouldn't look like Daimons. (Tabitha)
I didn't look like a Daimon, but you stabbed me. (Valerius)
Yeah, well, you looked like a lawyer so I had to kill you. It was a moral imperative. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Just how many sisters do you have? (Valerius)
Eight. (Tabitha)
Eight? (Valerius)
What? (Tabitha)
I'm just pitying whatever poor males lived in that house with all of you. It must have been truly frightening at least one week out of every month. (Valerius)
Was that a joke? (Tabitha)
Merely a frightening statement of fact. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What the hell are you? (Desiderius)
I'm her godfather, with a heavy emphasis on the god part. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I love you, I love you, I love you! And if you ever die on me again, I'll kill you so dead! (Tabitha) ”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“C'mon, Tabitha. You stabbed me the night we met without even blinking. (Valerius)
Yeah, but you were a dirtbag then. (Tabitha)
I think I'm offended. (Valerius)”