Lauren's Reviews > Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett

Aug 20, 2007

Recommended for: Fantasy fans, fans of wit, closet slashers
Read in April, 2006

Good Omens is a comedy about the apocalypse, written by my two fantasy author overlords: Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It is sheer brilliance; from Mr.Gaiman, we have all the wonderful mythological references and sheer creativity, and from Mr.Pratchett we have all the humour (and humourous footnotes) you could ever want, and even more sheer creativity.
The chapters switch between several groups of people; my favorite of which are The Them (a group of four young children collectively called as such; one of them is Adam, a nine-year-old anti-christ) and Aziraphale and Crowley. Now the latter are why I continue to love this book so. Those two are an angel and a demon respectively, and because they've been enemies for so long on Earth they have become sort of friends. I especially enjoy reading their interactions, both amongst themselves and with the world. Look for little tidbits of how Crowley just isn't that demonic any more (and is almost a nice guy) and how there are many subtle hints that Aziraphale just isn't as angelic as he should be.
It is currently one of my favorite books - hands down. I cannot reccomend it more highly!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Omens.