Duffy's Reviews > The Meaning of Night

The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox

Sep 02, 07

bookshelves: fiction

A book lover and a murderer... isn't that something that will make you curious why? So, I'm reading. =) lets see how it ends up tho.

A very long story... I haven't had the time to finish this yet. i'm still on the part where I can't understand what his purpose is. =) hopefully, i'll be able to finish soon.

Sept 15, 2007... I have finally finished reading this book. I can't say that I love it, but I can say that I liked it... a little.

A story full of twist, turns and mystery which have prompted me to finish. It was kinda boring during the first few chapters, nothing made sense, in fact.I just started to understand and figure things how it will end in the middle of the book.

It was a little drab for me... it was taking a lot of time to get to the bottom of things. Although there may be some good points in the story that preempted the ending, I still think there are things that are not needed.

But the story is superb. As I have said, its full of turns, twist, deceptions, lies... etc. I kinda wonder, who in the world would give up a son just for the heck of punishing someone you think should be punished for little things? Well, maybe I'm speaking too soon. I know there are a lot of women who give up their kids, but its mostly because of poverty, not because of hatred. Usually, when a baby is born all hatred vanishes. But this story? Can't even imagine.

All the lies and deception, will eventually lead to your own downfall. Too much pain for G---. I think that is what pushed him to his limits, and with nothing else to turn to, what else is left... sanity I guess. But that too was taken from him.

Oh well, its a nice read to pass time, i guess. Maybe you'll find the book more interesting than I did. After all, we all have our own tastes for whatever reason. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Meaning of Night.