Artemis's Reviews > Ironskin

Ironskin by Tina Connolly

F 50x66
Dec 18, 12

Read in December, 2012

** spoiler alert ** JANE EYRE FANS! BEWARE! You may find yourself comparing this novel to the classic novel we all love!
As a long time fan of Jane Eyre I just couldn't like this re-telling of the story. While it was definitely a fresh new take to the age old story I just couldn't get myself to like the story. Unfortunately the romance in the story was a bit strained, I couldn't see why our Jane was drawn to this version of Mr. Rochester. I also must say I felt the author pull us through different situations that were off and hard to follow. Our heroine herself also didn't foot the bill for our lovely Jane. I know she's all "scarred" emotionally and physically from her fey curse but she doesn't show any of the great qualities that classic Jane has. I really hate to compare the two novels but I just can't help it! Being originally drawn to the plot knowing this was re-telling is what brought me to this book. But now I must reconsider re-reading the original Jane Eyre to reflect on this piece. This is a light read and if you're into fey folklore this book is for you, otherwise hard-core Bronte fans you may want to cringe...(a bit)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ironskin.