Gail's Reviews > Temptation and Surrender

Temptation and Surrender by Stephanie Laurens

Oct 02, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance, e-book
Read in October, 2009

I tend to enjoy Laurens, but I also tend to skip her love scenes. So my enjoyment of the book is a ratio of how many love scenes I have to skip and how frequently they come. If I don’t skip the love scenes, or I only skip one or two, then I like it a lot. If I skip most of them, and there are a lot of them, then... This one fell in the middle. I skipped most of them, but there weren’t that many, and overall, I enjoyed the book. The heroine and her younger siblings have all run off from a moderately evil uncle (he only used them as servants without pay, and clothed them reasonably well) to find the legendary family treasure. But they’re running low on funds, so heroine applies for post of innkeeper/manager. Hero’s family owns the village inn, and it’s such a remote inn, though on a main road, he’s having trouble finding good ones. There’s instant electricity between them, and she resists while he pursues. Usual Laurens story ensues. Suspense subplot involves the family treasure and evil uncle. Standard Laurens fare. If you like the author, you'll like the book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation and Surrender.