Claire S's Reviews > Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn

Mar 22, 09

bookshelves: ever-young, fiction, form_complexia, lgbtq, on-writing, novel, studious-teenager-related, women, thtr-art-film-music-etc, glimpses-considerable, g_israel, language, pov-content_jewish
Recommended to Claire by: Daughter.
Read in March, 2009, read count: 1

Great film. After my daughter finished reading this, we watched the film again (my 2nd time, her 3rd) and she pointed out all the differences. Not -all- of them, from what I understand. But anyway she really likes both, and thinks the book is better but the changes made for the film were reasonable given how different films are from books, etc.. So now I get to, so we can continue our conversations about it all. I feel like the values inherent in it - on drinking; lgbt aware/friendly; and very human as far as sex - are great. And besides that the film is a lot of fun visually, as they bounce around Manhattan in these beat-up motoring items and bop around in bars and have emotional DRAMA etc.. there's humor, lots of music-love, people being actual selves, and a love story. Very fun, and to enjoy this with my teenage daughter and share the experience with her is good.

After:
I really liked it. Can't imagine having experiences like that when I was a teenager, my life was so different. And hopefully my daughter won't have very many nights exactly like that during these next two years either, but I'm just happy to read about relationships being like that and guys being like Nick and all. Gives me optimism for the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Quotes Claire Liked

David Levithan
“Because the song is us and the song is her and this time I’m going to use her name. Norah, Norah, Norah - no rhymes really. Just truth.

I shouldn’t want the song to end. I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I’m seeing we don’t live in a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here. It’s an infinite playlist.”
David Levithan, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

David Levithan
“The way you're singing in your sleep
The way you look before you leap
The strange illusions that you keep
You don't know
But I'm noticing

The way your touch turns into arcs
The way you slide into the dark
The beating of my open heart
You don't know