Laura's Reviews > The Will of Wisteria

2085746
Mar 14, 09

bookshelves: christian-based-fiction
Read in March, 2009, read count: 2

I liked this book better the second time through. I saw the rave reviews on goodreads and pulled it off the shelf for second try after realizing I couldn't remember much of the book.

Bottom Line: If you were to ask me about this book a year from now (after a second read), I'm still doubtful that I'll remember much about it.

Strengths: The characters are well-developed - Hildreth provides a snap-shot glimpse of four siblings: their lives, thinking and faults. These are truly messy people (which equates well to reality). The premise is engaging, if a bit contrived (a-year-in-the-life glimpse of lessons learned during a scramble to inherit big money). Hildreth also reached a conclusion to the book that wasn't too sappy (she could have easily taken us there, and I appreciate her restraint).

Weaknesses: Somehow neither the characters nor the storyline were very engaging. Rather than being drawn into the book, I felt like I was observing from the sidelines. The characters cried, but I didn't. The whole story felt remote.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Will of Wisteria.