Michael's Reviews > Morning, Noon & Night

Morning, Noon & Night by Sidney Sheldon

Mar 01, 09

Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Sheldon's Morning, Noon & Night was recommended to me by a co-worker. The story involves a wealthy man, his three children by marriage and one illegitimate child. There are some very well done plot twists and surprises in the book, but I found the book lacking overall.
This book reads quickly and is very plot driven. The characters are not well defined and the dialogue is forced and contrived and hardly believable. The reactions of some of the characters does not seem true to life. For example, one of the sons of the wealthy businessman is addicted to illegal drugs. When he goes to the doctor, the doctor asks him what he is taking, and he immediately confesses to the doctor that he takes heroin. I just can't imagine a member of a prominent family in a small community not at least trying to cover his addiction. I can understand that someone would admit, but the doctor applies no pressure and the entire scene at the doctor's office occurs in less than one page.
If you are looking for an exciting suspense novel for the beach, this may be a good one for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morning, Noon & Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randall (new)

Randall Yelverton Kudos on finishing a whole Sheldon novel. I had to read a Nora Roberts when getting my library science degree and it was one of the hardest assignments of grad school. So painful.