Jess's Reviews > How to Misbehave

bookshelves: contemporary, for_review
Read on December 16, 2012

Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Amber’s had her eye on Tony for weeks while he’s been on site renovating the community center she works at. While she’s never talked to him, she fantasizes about him and when a tornado siren goes off one evening while she’s waiting for him to finish up work for the day, they find themselves spending some up close and personal time together in the cellar while they wait it out. Amber is pretty inexperienced with guys and sex, and she knows Tony will be a lot for her to handle, but she doesn’t care and when Tony suggests that she needs someone to teach her how to misbehave, she says YES! (in her mind) but sets out to do just that with him and experience things, finally.

I found this story to be completely adorable. I loved Amber. She’s sweet, innocent on the outside, but it just takes a little dirty talking nudge from Tony to get her to loosen up and enjoy herself. And more importantly, she starts to go after what she wants and she wants to experience Tony, all of Tony.

“Don’t make this complicated. It’s us talking about sex, and me wanting to have sex with you.”

“Oh. Like now?”

“I’m not going to fuck you on the floor in the dark basement, if that’s what you’re asking.”

She hadn’t actually gotten that graphic in her mind, no. But now that he had, whoa. Whoa. And also, Yes, please.

(…)

“You kind of want to-“ Oh, Lord. “To fuck me on the floor?”

She heard something give a soft thunk against the concrete. She thought it might be his skull. “Yeah, honey, I want to.”

“That’s hot.”

Another soft thunk. “Jesus Christ,” he said. “You’re not a bunny at all.”

Tony is a nice guy, but still battling guilt from a past tragedy. He’s a one night and done kind of guy, even lays that out there for Amber, but that doesn’t stop her or him from sharing one crazy, sexy night, that ends up being a lot more than either of them expected.

Amber and Tony have such fun, fast banter that ranges from off the wall, to dirty talk to swearing. They were such a delight to read about and I found myself drawn to Amber and her character. She’s so wide eyed about certain things, but more than willing to jump right in and put her heart out there to Tony.

How to Misbehave is a novella length story that introduces readers to Ruthie Knox’s new Camelot series. The next two books will be about Amber’s siblings, and for as much as I’m looking forward to meeting them, I’m already excited to get more of Amber and Tony in future books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Misbehave.