Adrienna's Reviews > The Gnostic Mystery

The Gnostic Mystery by Randy Davila

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, contest-wins, mystery
Read from October 20, 2011 to March 09, 2012

So far, the opening chapter is revealing ancient text of something as far back to 325 AD (which I believe is around the time of Constantine reign to mix the pagan and Christian faith together), the Council of Nicaea, and waiting to see how this story will play out and mystery to be revealed. Gnostic means those that rely on the special knowledge of God. What knowledge will be unleashed.

Jack is full of crap but humorous at some parts of the novel. He is really that naive, grew up as a Catholic but not familiar with the faith nor the religion, especially Christianity facts/faith while sharing dialogue with his college friend, Punjeeh, and other professionals, Professor King and Chloe.

Gnostics, are not the only ones who believes that the "kingdom is in you" or "Jesus, Holy Spirit lives in believers" in so many words--also Protestant Christians believe this. I enjoyed already reading and knowing about the Sun God, the birth of the sun (god) used the same date as the birth of the Son (of God) on December 25th. Other parts, I learned about the third sect of Judaism: Essences which I knew of the Pharisees and Sadducee.

Intriguing read but towards the end with all these religious versus Greek Mythology threw me for a loop about Christianity as a whole...but for some reason it went flat for me. I enjoyed the beginning to middle but the last few pages or chapter was like...?

2.5 stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gnostic Mystery.

03/07/2012 page 57
29.0% "Not sure if it is a fast-paced read but it is easy read for sure. His sense of humor has me crack a smile or chuckle out loud! I believe this is his debut book too. Not too descriptive and direct!"
03/09/2012 page 107
54.0% "Hope to finish tonight."