Vanessa North's Reviews > The Duchess War

The Duchess War by Courtney Milan

Dec 16, 12

Read in December, 2012

Okay, Courtney Milan, I feel you.

This book is getting a lot of sort of "meh" reviews, and I can understand them, and empathize with those readers who didn't feel they quite got what they wanted out of this book.

Meanwhile... I kind of want to stand on my chair and applaud because I got EXACTLY what I wanted from this book. I loved it, beginning to end. Milan is a masterful writer, and the way she brought social class discussion, particularly labor rights, into a historical romance featuring yet another goddamn duke, was exactly the sort of thing I have been craving from historical romances and not getting.

Plus, his and hers masturbation scenes. I love masturbation scenes in romance novels, so thank you, Courtney Milan, for going there.

This book will probably be regarded as one of Milan's less popular books, but it's one I will enjoy again and again.

My favorite quote:
"She was nothing. He had everything. And for what little it was worth, he was embarrassed by his own strength."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duchess War.

Quotes Vanessa Liked

Courtney Milan
“She was nothing. He had everything. And for what little it was worth, he was embarrassed by his own strength.”
Courtney Milan, The Duchess War