Jamie's Reviews > Johnny Tremain

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes

Aug 19, 2007

did not like it

"wah, I was born rich but I grew up poor. wah, I burned my hand."
52 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Johnny Tremain.

03/04 marked as: read

message 1: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Wow, you pretty much summed up the book exactly. You also added more depth and meaning to the book than there actually is in the book. One of my all time least favorite pieces of writing.

message 2: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary im on 150 n its stupid have to read it for school and dread reading it!

Daria You have summed up this boring book PERFECTLY!

Jason Ward I was also forced to read it in school. Doesn't deserve one star though! There are much worse books out there that they can force you to read.

Mary Maffer I love this book but that is the greatest and most succinct Johnny Tremaine summary I have ever read.

Julia This is totally not true. The book was great, and had personal as well as larger conflicts. There was nothing to dislike!

Katerina Ahaha yes!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Best. Review. Ever.

Belle @Julia. Not true. There was everything to dislike.

Rebekah You are an idiot if you think that was a review of that book!!

message 11: by Nina (new) - added it

Nina Most of you guys are being really rude, Esther Forbes in my opinion is an amazing author, but we are all allowed to have our own opinions, just please don't criticize!

Ravenclawruler I have to read this book in school. I skim most of the book and the Boston Tea Party in this book wasn't even that interesting. I personally think this is a beautiful review. (NOTE: I cannot fully judge this for I have only just got done with the "Salt-Water Tea" chapter.)

Joshua Lawrence there is the one other fact of disliking it, ITS SO BORING!!!!

Jenna Jakubowski I love this book! How is it bad?

Serene Wow