Kate's Reviews > Sundays at Tiffany's

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Feb 28, 09

Read in February, 2009

I was aware that I was not the audience for this book going in. I don’t read a lot of formula fiction, though I did when I was younger, but someone in my book club chose it and I decided to keep an open mind.
I did. I felt high minded about it too, and secretly hoped that it would be a fluffy, fun read. Suffice it to say, mind’s shut. I hope never to read something so ridiculous and poorly written again. This is a “story” of a lonely girl who later falls in love with her imaginary friend. I can’t even type about the plot without wondering, who would like this? Still, I’m well aware that it’s a “Patterson” best seller, so someone liked it.
It was actually written not by James Patterson, but by Gabrielle Charbonnet. Patterson does this often, comes up with an outline or a plot idea, contracts it out, slaps his name on it and makes a fortune. Far be it from me to judge, but I do know that this book under some unknown name would never get published. With so many worthy writers out there, this is a shame.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sundays at Tiffany's.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi I was wondering if that's what Patterson does. I have never read one of his books, but I often wonder how he can put out so many. Now, I know.