Brianna's Reviews > Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

Feb 28, 09

Read in February, 2009

I read the first book Wake and was hooked. I think this book wasn't as good as the first because there was too much tension between Janie and Cabel. I think that all the action was great and the idea of a teacher that was a child molester was captivating. The fact that a date-rape drug was used took the reader by surprise, and the setting was good. The book could have used a couple more minor characters that went to Janie's school, and Janie and Cabel should have been able to work out their problems quicker. I also think that the fact that Janie will lose so much from dream catching makes the ending more difficult, and final. I'm not sure if Lisa will have enough material to scrape up a third book, but I don't think so. I couldn't see that much of a moral to the story, exept maybe just because a bf/gf is being overprotective just means that they care, maybe too much for their own good. I would sugest reading this book if you read the first, because i think you would like it if you liked the first. Lots of spine tingling action and haunting goodbyes.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.