liz's Reviews > Love the One You're With

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

Feb 28, 09

bookshelves: fun-slash-junk
Read in January, 2009

So this is the fourth book by Emily Giffin that I've read, and I have to say, it was maybe my least favorite. I didn't think the main character was as dimensional as the characters in her other books (for me, this is what really makes her stand out among chick-lit authors), and there were far fewer standout descriptive phrases. I was also oddly disappointed by the protagonist, especially when I'd compare her life with my own. I know, I know, she's a fictional character and I'm taking the book too seriously, but it's about her crisis in her marriage once she hits 30. And a lot of her issues and worries were extremely similar to ones that I had when ending/reevaluating relationships that I've had... at 22, 23 years old. I really, really hope I'll have moved past all that by the time I hit 30 and/or am married, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to anticipate that I will. So. I actually don't know if I'd recommend this, unless maybe to someone who was also in a rough spot or had recently ended their own relationship.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love the One You're With.