Mike Debaptiste's Reviews > Dead Girl Walking

Dead Girl Walking by Linda Joy Singleton

2062430
Mar 21, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult-paranormal
Recommended to Mike by: I've known Linda Joy for years and have read many of her books.
Recommended for: everybody - this book is fun! Lots of laughs, cool and hip, and very touching...
Read in March, 2009 , read count: 1

I got a copy of this at the library last week. I know Linda and have read several of her terrific YA books, always right up-to-the-minute with the teen culture. This one is terrific: a dying girl wakes up still alive in the body of the high school's most popular girl who just committed suicide. Original!

Way to go, Linda! This book is a hoot. Lots of fun and very well-developed characters. Linda's command of the teen vernacular is right up to the minute and had me taking notes at time. A totally HUGE book, and one that gives the whole 'dead' genre a shot in the arm. If you're gonna read about dead people, you should be laughing. A second one is due out soon, DEAD GIRL DANCING. This one ought to end up in the movies!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Girl Walking.

message 1: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Mike, thanks for the wonderful review!!! I love how you described my book.

And would I LOOOOVE for my book(s) to end up in the movies. I always visualize my books in 3 parts, like screenwriters are advised to do. I've had a feeling that one or more of my books would end up at a TV series, like on a Nick or Disney. One of my biggest dreams it to have a book turned movie and then the characters turned into action figures. It would be cool to have my characters in plastic sitting on my desk watching me while I write.

But then I also want a mural and parade for my books like Margaret's JUDY BOLTON DAYS events in PA (g).

Have fun reading and thanks again for the review!

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda I agree with Mike's review of Dead Girl Walking. Dead Girl Dancing is also a terrific book with fun characters, an unusual situation, and some danger. I couldn't put it down! I wish that this series could be made into a TV series. I think that it's hip and would appeal to both young adults and adults. It would be a wonderful TV series!- Linda B.

message 3: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Thanks, Linda! Maybe someone in the TV/movie world will read your comments and offer an option on my DEAD GIRL series (g).