Ace (Mafia Card Reviews)'s Reviews > Scorch

Scorch by Gina Damico

Dec 20, 12

Read from December 14 to 20, 2012

****More reviews at mafiacardreviews.blogspot.com****

Going into this, I had totally forgotten how much I LOVED Croak. But once I finished the first chapter, I was hooked, and already laughing.

Even though this series has it's serious and sad moments, Damico always finds a way to get her readers to laugh. I spent a lot of the time laughing, her characters are just so FUNNY.

And the romance was awesome, I loved how it wasn't fully described, it wouldn't have fit into the style of writing anyway, and you got a pretty good idea what was happening anyway. (hehe) Driggs and Lex are so cute together...*sighs dreamily*

And the way that Damico writes, she has a lot of foreshadowing, and I LOVE that. Some authors just can't do it, but she can. Even though you were given a hint that that event might happen, you totally didn't expect it happening when it came. I really have no idea how she can kill off so many characters...lol

Aside from a lot of swearing, which wasn't necessary the characters talked normally, like normal teens and I love that someone can capture that just right.

I cannot wait for book 3, and I'm sure it's going to rock my socks off just like Croak and Scorch did!

5 stars! Two Mafia LOVED this book!

-Ace

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scorch.