MayDerp's Reviews > Black Heart

Black Heart by Justin Somper

2010056
May 16, 09

Recommended for: Any previous vampirate lovers, and any fantasy/science fiction admirers
Read in May, 2009, read count: 1

This is uneniably one of the best books I have ever read. With it's witty comments, and spectacular twists and plot turns, it's a definite entertainer. New issues arise between the characters, bringing out hidden bonds. Also new characters entirely arise, including the notorious-yet cool and entertaining-Lady Lola Lockwood, captain of the Vegabond, another rebel vampirate ship akin to the Blood Captain.

Within the story, the twins face separate and growing issues about their parentage, and what they really are. Also their love relationships grow with familiar-and in Connor's case, unexpected-friends.

This read will definetly keep you on your toes, or in this case, head under water!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Heart.

Quotes MayDerp Liked

Justin Somper
Well Connor thought ruefully At least now I know who to thank for my anger issues.”

Justin Somper
“She remembered Grace telling her about Lorcan's evasiveness when she'd first joined the Noctourne-his ability to speak without saying anything, to talk in riddles.

He's a conundrum, thought Cheng Li. A walking, talking conundrum

Justin Somper
A woman's touch?!' he repeated, 'What is he thinking hermano?

Stukeley frowned. ''Captain doesn't know whether it's dinnertime or doomsday, mate. That's the state Lady Losckwood's got him in.We'be tried to talk some sense into him, but it just goes in one ear and out the other. IT's not as if he had much of an attention span to begin with, but since Lady Muck came on to the scene...”