Stephanie's Reviews > Moonstone

1619431
Mar 27, 09

bookshelves: own
Read in March, 2009

I kinda expected something different for this book, however, I was not too disappointed.

What I liked about this book was the supernatural stuff, the mystery and the anticipation. There were times in the book where I felt like oh, this person must be the bad guy, however, I was often sorely mistaken.

I loved the hippy-dippy guardian angel. She made me laugh. A lot. I loved the idea of having a guardian angel who not only gave me answers but was funny. Though there were not many scenes where it described her, I still felt like she was a pretty well-written character due to her personality.

Allie, on the other hand, I felt like she was a 2D character. She just seemed like the ordinary girl with no real defining character. I felt like she could have been written in a better manner. Yes, she seemed real and believable, but I expected more of her.

The plot was the typical ordinary girl who ends up with some sort of power and ...ends up saving the day. However, Marilee writes it in a fashion that allows you to get into the book quickly and leaves you hungry for more at the end. The ending was also pretty good because it definitely resolved the conflict and didn't leave much of a cliff-hanger.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonstone.