Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Grave Intentions

Grave Intentions by Lori Sjoberg

Dec 13, 12

Grave IntentionsGrave Intentions by Lori Sjoberg

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book took me by surprise, first of all since this is "paranormal" as obviously a book about Grim Reapers would be it is in reality a character driven romantic drama. The second thing that struck me as I read through the book was that for 80% or more of the book, the paranormal aspects played little if any part (except for the reapers having to show up at the scenes of the deaths). There is a bit of action in the story and the author has to spend some time introducing all the secondary characters which I am guessing will become the subjects of future books. Just for info they only have to show up for violent deaths, apparently dying in your sleep requires no help

The main story is character driven and the required bits of angst and self loathing that seems to be part of many novels in the recent past are here . To be honest this book reminded me quite a bit of early (really good) Dark-hunter books. This is a story of a very lonely man and a woman who worries that she is going to follow her family history of dementia and the author weaves a compelling tale that brings them together.

Almost any real 5 Star novel has a few things in common, this one is no different. You have the flawed but destined couple, noble sacrifice and hoped for ending that makes you close the last page with a sigh and the feeling all is right with the world.

If I have any complaints about this book it would be that one character did not get the justice he so richly deserved but I am a revenge junkie so that might not be as big a deal with many readers

Rating: I loved this book, I am not sure it was 100% original, it seemed familiar but none of that made it any less entertaining and heartfelt. If you love paranormal romance that actually has a romance then you will enjoy this and I hope to see more of what I hope will be a long running series. Highly recommended and 4.5/5 Stars. Another great ending you will see coming a mile away but you would not want it any other way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Intentions.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Douglas Meeks This is a real keeper if you like romance as a large part of the story.