Caleb Barrows's Reviews > Holy Bible: NIV

Holy Bible by Anonymous

Aug 19, 2007

Recommended for: everyone

It would be an understatement to say that this book changed my life. Knowing this book and its author is my life. Just today I read Psalms 81 and Romans 5 and it breathed life and mystery into me for my day. I have learned to better love the Saviour and hero of this book, Jesus Christ, and what my identity and life is in him.
I would say that this book best compares to the food and water that we need for our bodies. In the same way we desire more food and drink throughout our day, so in the same way I thirst for the words of this book and the author of them.
it is also interesting to learn how many people have died for the preservation, diginity, and spreading of this powerful book. What makes it so consuming and dangerous? What compels people to die for it? It is simply a beautiful book that can change the hearts of men and women.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Bible.

02/09 marked as: read

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol I agree, honey-It changed my life too Gammie

message 2: by Chalene (new)

Chalene Agreed!

Chloé Amen!

message 4: by Samuel (new) - added it

Samuel Cannon wow! There's a good review. Did you see the first and second one?!?

Marcia Mieritz What really amazes me about the Scriptures is the revelation to Paul by the Lord that he was chosen to be the apostle to the Gentiles! incredible to discover in reading this holy book that most of it was written to and about the Hebrew nation, that a new message was given to Paul while he was imprisoned that by believing Him, the Gentiles were promised salvation in Him. The Church, which is His body takes on an entire new meaning for those who would rightly divide His Word. GOD knew His own before the foundation of the world.